Saturday, April 16, 2011

No-Bake Cookies


I've completely been neglecting this blog for the past month, but for a good reason... I'm about to graduate!! So as I wrap up my final papers and presentations and try to keep up with work, this blog has temporarily sunk pretty low on my list of priorities. But here are some quick and delicious cookies that will hopefully keep you happy until I walk across that stage and can start cooking and baking more!

You'll need:
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

Start by pouring the first four ingredients into a large saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally as everything starts to melt together.


Once those ingredients are combined, let the mixture simmer for one minute. Then, remove from heat and add the peanut butter and oatmeal, stirring until the peanut butter is melted and oatmeal is well-distributed through the mixture. (Sorry for the lack of pictures here!)

Drop large spoonfuls of the mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. And it doesn't matter how close together the cookies are because you're not baking them so they won't expand!


Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until firm enough to pick up with your hand.


Sending you (belated) love from my kitchen. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment