Friday, November 25, 2011

Nutella Hot Chocolate


With all of my Nutella recipes, I'm sure I look a little obsessed at this point, but these recipes keep finding me! I adapted this from a recipe a friend sent me on Pinterest!

I made this for my brothers on Thanksgiving night when they wanted a sweet, post-pie treat. I snuck a sip, and trust me, this stuff is gooood.

You'll need:
2 cups milk
4 Tbsp. Nutella
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla

1 Tbsp. cocoa powder (optional)

*Makes 2 servings

Optional Toppings:
Whipped Cream
Marshmallows
Cinnamon

Combine milk, Nutella, cinnamon, and vanilla in small pot or saucepan on medium heat. (For a richer, more chocolaty taste, add cocoa powder, too. I was out, so I skipped it this time.) Just whisk gently until all the Nutella has melted.


Turn heat down to medium-low, and let the mixture get hot - about 3 minutes or until it's at your desired temperature.



My brothers like to put their marshmallows in first...



I added a dollop of whipped cream to each mug. (Mix 1/2 cup heavy cream with 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar using an electric mixer until soft peaks form.. you'll have some leftover... Or just use Cool Whip!).



Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

  1. Is there such a thing as left-over whipped cream? Not in my house ;o) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Tell your family hello!

    ReplyDelete