Friday, December 17, 2010

Banana Walnut Cake


It's almost time to go home for Christmas break!!  But that means I have a lot of excess food that needs to be eaten, and I HATE wasting.  So, this cake is a result of some excess bananas I had laying around.

You'll need:
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 stick of butter
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons buttermilk
1 cup mashed bananas (2-3 bananas)
1 cup chopped walnuts 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine sugars, eggs, butter, and almond extract until well-blended and smooth.



Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.


Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar/butter mixture.


Blend in buttermilk.  Then, fold in bananas and walnuts.




Spoon batter into a greased bundt pan, and bake for 40 minutes.  I sprinkled my cake with a little bit of powdered sugar.


Sending you love from my kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment