Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


This is one of my new favorite recipes, and I can't wait to experiment with it. My favorite little four-year-old suggested substituting strawberries and blueberries for the bananas, and I think she may be on to something. For now, let me tell you about this yummy bread! I love the bananas and chocolate pairing, and the oats mixed in adds a bit of nutrition amidst the sweet, chocolaty goodness. And it's unbelievably easy. This is another recipe from Multiply Delicious - find her version HERE.

You'll need:
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup oats
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 large)
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Add the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and whisk together.


Add oats and stir until just combined.


Measure the buttermilk...


Mash the bananas...


Whisk the eggs with a fork...


And melt the butter...


Stir together buttermilk, bananas, eggs, and butter and until just combined, and add to the flour mixture.  Whisk together.



Now for the best part...


Add the chocolate chips...


And stir until evenly distributed.


My batch made a loaf of bread plus 11 muffins.  The muffins need about 25 minutes in the oven, and the loaf will take about 45 minutes.


Muffins are a good way to make a dessert look like breakfast. :)


I just love this... I think I'll go get another piece right now.


Sending you love from my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment