Saturday, August 13, 2011

Egg-in-a-Heart



This was my dinner a few weeks ago when I was in serious need of a trip to the grocery store. All I had in my fridge was bread, some blueberries, and this one lonely egg.

The final product was A. Maz. Ing.

I set out to make the traditional Egg-in-a-Hole. (I really hate that name, but it is what it is...) While searching for a circle in my container of cookie cutters, I found a heart first. Fun twist.

You'll need:
1 egg
1 slice of toast bread
1 Tablespoon Butter
Salt & Pepper to taste

Use any shape cookie cutter you want!


Melt the tablespoon of butter on medium-low heat.



When the butter is all the way melted, place down the slice of bread and crack an egg in the center.


Don't move the bread for about a minute while the egg firms up.


Cook on each side as long as you want, depending on how well done you like your egg. I wasn't in the mood for a runny egg, so I gave it a few minutes on each side.


Throw in the toast cutout, too.



Sprinkle with salt and pepper.


Sending you (heart-shaped) love from my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment